If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Sr. Project/Program Manager(RTE) is responsible for driving all aspects of program and project planning for multiple business initiatives within the technology organization. Works closely with all Scrum Masters, Agile Project Managers, Technical Leads and Technology leadership teams to ensure project objectives are achieved. The program leader will have experience with transforming, at the project/program level, non-scaled environments, to scaled environment with key knowledge of scaling principles & intent. Ability to coach and train on effective, yet lean, methods in order to get to actionable decision points quickly.
This role will be responsible for regular evaluation and coaching of project team members; review and coaching on project status reporting and dashboards; project financials, including budget, actuals and forecasting accuracy; pipeline management and staffing. This role will work in close alignment with the Delivery Management team to ensure standards are regularly reviewed, aligned and updated to ensure efficient and effective deliveries throughout the Technology organization.
• Drives and support process and organizational change around program and product deliveries related to Ryder Transformation. Drive key strategic decisions as a process expert and provides guidance and feedback on critical future state business processes. Aligns with Agile COE for both Customer Facing and Internal project initiative in order to build and execute transition strategy from traditional Waterfall delivery to full Agile Delivery throughout the Enterprise. Continually driving necessary cultural changes with Ryder Leadership throughout the transformation.
• Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
• Monitor and report on progress, focused on critical KPIs and supporting metrics (“health check”). Ensures accuracy of Project Health Dashboard and coaches all participants on critical information and communication. Delivers results and proposes changes/adjustments to leadership team members both within IT and the Business
• Participate in key meetings that directly or indirectly impact the portfolio of projects, keep project stakeholders informed, prepare for and conduct executive steering committee meetings.
• Manage budget, maintain financial plan, track actuals vs. plan, provide monthly forecasts, and report monthly accruals for the assigned portfolio of projects
• Conducts Quality Assurance reviews of all projects taking place within the business teams
• Develop executive-level presentations, strategic proposals, tool set request for capital, program updates, set targets, timelines
• Defines future team structure and needs for approved strategy to be successfully implemented
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
Master's degree MBA or Master’s degree - preferred
Seven (7) years or more Project Management methodologies
Seven (7) years or more in Information Technology or Project Delivery leadership; including supervisory experience
Seven (7) years or more influencing and driving change in a matrixed organization
Three (3) years or more in Agile Methodologies, Agile Coaching, and Training
Five (5) years or more Related to scaled agile implementations
Skills and Abilities
Organizational Change: Significant experience in driving cultural change and how to improve operational performance in an efficient/effective manner.
Communications : Excellent interpersonal, listening, and influencing skills with ability to effectively work at all levels of the organization; strong verbal/communication skills and presentation abilities.
Team-oriented and social: communicates well with all levels of the organization.
Communications and Emotional Intelligence: Able to present information in clear, concise terms to all position levels in the company. Ability to be tactfully persuasive at all levels of the organization. Ability to adjust delivery styles and approach based on audience needs.
Team Building: Identifies essential skills and attributes to maximize individual contribution and engagement, while igniting passion to foster a high-performance/motivated team environment.
Relationship Management: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results. Attitude of empowerment and transparency: enable a team to become self-directed, willing to share information, collaborate, and engage in crucial conversations.
Learning Agility : Quick learner and Self-Motivated: ability to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains. Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
Systems Thinker: ability to 'optimize the whole' through end-to-end value delivery.
Continuous Improvement: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
Continual improvement: always growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team.
Ethics and Trust: Must have high ethical standards and ability to exercise sound judgment in dealing with politically sensitive situations and catering to differing interests. Champions diversity of thought and opinion.
Adapting to Change/Adaptability : Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
Flexible: ability to shift to the role or tasks needed for each situational transformation. Ability to 'get the job done' regardless of role definition.
Situational awareness: notice differences and issues as they arise and escalate as appropriate. Conflict resolution: facilitate discussion and alternatives or different approaches.
Disruptor: willing to challenge the status quo and existing processes with alternative solutions that are conducive to our transformation strategy.
Scaled agile skills: Demonstrable experience with scaling projects/programs effectively in hybrid environments.
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors): Sense of humor, approachability, business acumen
MS Office including Project, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint
Deep knowledge of Project Management Methodologies, Frameworks and Tools
Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Frameworks and Tools
Experience with PlanView Tool
Licenses and Certifications
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) – preferred
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) - preferred
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification - preferred
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - preferred
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) - preferred
Release Train Engineer (RTE) - preferred
Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) - preferred
Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC) - preferred
Job Category: Project Management
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.