Ryder System Rental Sales Rep - Looking for a rewarding Career with a GREAT Company in SAN JOSE, California
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
We are currently hiring for a Rental Sales Representative in San Jose, CA!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
Generous Paid Time Off!
PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
Job training and development!
Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
At Ryder , our most important competitive advantage is our culture and our people.Asa Rental Sales Rep , you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed and empowered to develop your career.
The Rental Sales Rep is responsible for acting as the front line sales agent for the rental of vehicles to the Company's current lease and commercial rental accounts, as well as potential commercial rental customers and consumer household needs. This requires the Rental Representative to work cross functionally between the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Asset Management departments, while utilizing excellent customer communication skills. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills and resources to develop your relationship building. We allow you to carve out your own career path and promote from within, based on performance.
If you're motivated, coachable, and looking to get your sales career started, you've come to the right place.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year or more of sales experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to get both verbal and written communication across that has the desired effect
Goal oriented, drive for results, assertiveness, and ability to deal well with ambiguity
High degree of initiative; must have high level of energy, be a self-motivated and self-directed
Manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
Focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated customer service skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment (intermediate level)
Sales and marketing:
• Handle sales and sales process for inbound calls as well as outbound solicitation
• Responsible for executing the business unit's marketing plan
• Maintain current accurate data within the company's marketing database
• Maximize rate opportunities within the market place
• Responsible for generating rental, lease and used vehicle sales leads
• Maintain and expand relationships with existing customer base
• Maximize operational effectiveness by coordinating overall inventory levels to meet customer demand
• Meet overall Ryder market share by successfully executing the sales and marketing initiatives
Operations & Asset Management:
• Responsible for the overall profitably, operations and asset management of a rental location
• Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
• Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies
• Complete understanding of marketplace conditions in order to maximize utilization of the rental fleet
• Drive profitable revenue growth by maintaining and growing customer relationships
• Responsible for overall satisfaction for all internal and external customers
• Reconcile all customer concerns, issues, and disputes in order to maintain the ongoing relationship
• Build constructive and effective relationships with both internal and external customers
• Maintain composure when addressing stressful situations
• Clearly articulate Ryder's product and service offerings
• On a voluntary basis, as well as based on scheduling, the Rental Sales Representative will be required to perform the role of On-Call Representative based on work schedules as determined by Supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID 2019-70498
Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4)
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 7068