Ryder System Customer Logistics Manager in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER !
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Customer Logistics Manager is typically dedicated to one logistics account and is responsible for all aspects of operations and account management. The CLM is primarily responsible for the leadership of direct reports as well as the attainment of daily operational goals and objectives within an assigned functional area or account.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
Comprehensive training and the ability to directly affect your income and work/life balance based on your personal performance.
Internal management development with a clear line-of-sight and time-frame to your next-level position.
Additional and local Ryder resources and business verticals to help overcome any obstacle or challenge you encounter.
The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and an burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our Customer’s core values: Communication, Honesty, Performance Excellence and be able to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If you work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
High school diploma or GED
Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain, or related field preferred
Two (2) years or more of experience in logistics, warehouse or industry related field
Two (2) years or more of supervisory experience
Three (3) years or more of problem solving skills experience, use of formal Root Cause Countermeasure Systems preferred
Prioritize and organize work, along with strong follow-up, analytical, problem solving and sound decision making skills
Effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms with customers, employees, peers and management, Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms with customers, employees, peers and management
Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors) Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
Work self-directed with minimal supervision
Work independently and as member of a team
Manage individual performance and employee relations
Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
Capability to multi-task and highly organized with excellent time management skills
Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Intermediate computer skills
Exposure to Lean principles, systems and tools (beginner level) preferred
Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) (intermediate level) preferred
Material handling equipment may be required based on position (intermediate level) preferred
OSHA (intermediate level)
DOT and Hazmat (intermediate level) may be required based on the account preferred
• Communicate daily/shift goal of facility and group(s); devise, communicate and implement plans to obtain operational goals; work with and motivate employees to ensure goal achievement; provide progress or constraint updates to management and implement corrective measures as needed
• Provide leadership for employees through in depth training and continuous review of employee understanding of policies, procedures and processes; create a productive work environment through effective communication, coaching, motivating and leading by example
• Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results
• Hire, train and supervise Leads, Customer Logistics Supervisors (CLS), and/or hourly employees in the assigned work group(s)
• Support and aid in the development of system and process training for employees in the work group(s); perform administrative functions to include tracking of time, attendance and performance feedback
• Instruct and enforce location safety management plans, training and processes
• Assign employees to individual tasks and ensure required tools are available
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-WI-Pleasant Prairie
Posted Date 1 month ago (12/19/2019 3:00 PM)
Requisition ID 2019-81847
Category Logistics/Distribution/Transportation Management
Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4)
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 2174