Ryder System Security Dispatcher 1 - Part-Time in Paulsboro, New Jersey
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Security Dispatcher I position will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the operation.
This is a Part-Time position.
• Complete Plant Activity Log – for (Incidents/Alarms/New Information/Road
• Wear appropriate Personal Protective equipment such as Mask /Safety Boots /safety glasses and proper clothing depending on weather
• Monitor the Security and Plant radio channels closely for anyone calling for Security, a distress call,
• Answer telephone professionally
• Created & Manage Badges access
• Sign in/out guest from plant
• Inspect all equipment coming in/out of plant site
• Apply trailer seals and sign out equipment when needed
• Daily Patrol of grounds
• Use Surveillance Utilizing Gentec/CCTV
• Report and document any discrepancies on grounds
• Report any discrepancies to your supervisor
• Issue keys to appropriate contractors
• Assist Flags on grounds lower or raise
• Issue Property Passes
• Updated Site Signature List
• Complete any incident reports if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Effective leadership skills
Ability to build strong customer relationships
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
Must be accustomed to busy phones
Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
Ability to adjust priorities
Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
H.S. diploma/GED required and 1-3 years experience in logistics, transportation, warehouse or related field
Three (3) years or more experience in logistics, transportation, warehouse or related field required
Three (3) years or more experience in the trucking Industry preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.