Ryder System Industrial Drafter in Grand Rapids, Michigan
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Solutions Design Engineer, 3D Modeling, Drafting and Design is a team member responsible for supporting solutions design by creating 3D models, animation and simulation of warehousing and material handling/ automation solutions. The SD Engineer will the Ryder Solutions Design team by providing 3D models of warehouse/ material handling designs. Other responsibilities will include providing CAD drawings in support of the Solutions Design lead Engineer using 2D and 3D CAD tools (AutoCad, 3ds Max, Navisworks or similar), provide simulation support to the Solutions Design team and other design input as required.
- 2D & 3D drafting and modeling of material handling, warehousing and fulfillment solutions - 35%
- Provide simulation support through by modeling material handling/ warehousing designs. - 25%
- Provide input to warehouse layout and design - 20%
- Provide content to support customer facing content for presentation and proposals - 10%
- Meet frequently with customers and cross-functional bid response team. Support technical review presentations and design validation meetings - 5%
- Develop and improve engineering tools and methodologies to ensure industry best practices - 5%
Bachelor's degree - Industrial Engineering or related degree - required
Three (3) years or more related work experience in 3D modeling/ drafting - required
Three (3) years or more related work experience in the Warehousing and/or Manufacturing industry (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Warehouse Operations, Operations) - preferred
Job CategorySolutions Design
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.