If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Collaborates with HR and Operations teams to increase the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees by designing and conducting training programs that are aligned to Ryder’s core values and goals. Performs needs assessments to determine gaps in employee performance and behavior. Develops training materials, facilitates training programs, evaluates effectiveness of training against program objectives and provide recommendations for improvement. This position is responsible for the delivery of these programs for a 1MM sq ft distribution center supporting an established retail client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitates new hire orientation and company training programs to employees and leadership teams.
· Develops, facilitates and evaluates all training programs.
· Supports the design, development and production of effective training material for training programs that result in improved performance and achievement of organizational goals & safety.
· Assists with the review and modification of existing training programs, job aids and support materials as needed.
· Tracks and analyzes course evaluations in order to determine effectiveness of training and to implement suggestions for improvements. Makes recommendations on needs assessment and evaluation results.
· Identifies training needs and performance gaps in the organization in close cooperation with the HR and Operations teams.
· Plans, designs and implements a range of training activities to support knowledge transfer.
· Collects feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to training content.
· Provides training and support for designated trainers and supervisors in conducting mandated training courses.
· Schedules and prepares set-up for all training sessions; including participant tracking, delivering communications, preparing course materials and ensuring appropriate classroom set-up.
· Maintains records of training activities; including participant lists, and employee progress.
· Facilitates train-the-trainer sessions and other programs as assigned.
· Proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint required.
· Lean Management experience preferred.
· Project management skills preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Must be detail oriented, multi-task oriented, and organized.
· Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities.
· Strong facilitation, training and coaching skills.
· Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate training programs and curricula.
· Skill in preparing instructional aids and plans.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Training & Development, related field or 2+ years of related work experience.
· 2 years of experience in delivering classroom training.
· 2+ years of experience in the design and development of training programs.
· 2+ years of experience in warehouse environment
· Able to work a range of shifts based on operational needs.
· Must be able to physically list 20 to 30 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds at times.
· Frequent standing and walking.
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.