If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
This is a permanent position can be based in Pembroke Pines, FL with the possibility of travel to additional Ryder locations – up to 10%.
• Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization.
• Builds and maintains Predictive Maintenance (PDM) and repairs.
• Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
• Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field preferred / not required.
• 4 years’ experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field.
• Possible travel (up to 10% travel)
• Experience and proficiency in the following areas: Automated conveyors systems and controls, Electrical and electronic principles, Blueprint and electrical schematic reading, Knowledge of CMMS programs, Preventative maintenance procedures, Industrial electrical, Industrial controls, Industrial Electronics, Industrial PC literacy, Knowledge of N.E.C.
• Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to work within international functional teams
Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
Ability/willingness to travel to customer locations support crisis events
Off shift support in the event of critical customer network disruption or crisis
Makes decisions in a timely manner
Strong oral and written communications skills
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Five (5) years or more Logistics, Transportation, Warehouse or industry related field experience required
Five (5) years or more Previous plant experience required
Five (5) years or more 3PL experience required
Associate's degree / Bachelor’s degree preferred
One (1) year or more direct supervisory experience preferred
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.