Ryder System Senior Salesforce Technical IT Lead in Austin, Texas
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Provides specialized technical expertise within an assigned business unit/area at a senior level position. Acts as the lead member of a project team, in the analysis, design and development of business software/web applications. Provides technical development/resolution on projects or system issues. Has specialized expertise not readily available in the IT industry on legacy systems/applications unique to Ryder.
• Provides specialized expertise not available in the industry on legacy systems/applications unique to Ryder to include FMS Pricing and contracts, FMS Sales and Commission, and several other systems unique to Ryder.
• Provides software acumen in understanding object oriented programming/design, Coding Best Practices and be able to diagnose application related issues
• Development of enterprise-wide applications and custom integrated solutions that include but are not limited to custom windows and web based applications, server client applications, server client applications, application integration in to SQL, DB2 databases and integration with legacy systems. Provides minor and major enhancements to existing applications
• Performs as a subject matter expert in support of Business Process Management (BPM) software, development and design best practices
• Provides application design recommendations that align with long and short-term IT and business strategies and provide expertise for the integration of applications across the business
• Determines the specifications, plans and designs, and individually or with the project team, develops complex and business-critical software solutions that utilize the appropriate software engineering processes
• Develops programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architectures code reuse
• Develops and maintains design plan for technical IT architecture
• Leads projects while also responsible for hands on configuration activities
• Researches and tracks emerging technologies to develop business solutions and applications
• Performs as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent
• Collaborate, define and maintain effective and efficient development processes, including but not limited to: coding standards, design philosophy, testing methodology, usage of design patterns, UI standards, development and coding tools and procedures
• Provides expertise and guidance to cross-functional teams and to the business application tools and architecture
• Develops technical/business relationships & integrates activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
• Evaluates application software solutions and makes recommendations to management
• Participates with IT members, customers and other stakeholders in new product reviews, tests and pilots. Quality assurance testing and reviews
• Assures that resource time tracking system is updated according to guidelines
• Documents existing and new processes
• Works with auditing and compliance to coordinate responses to multiple requests
• Collects and analyzes business requirements for large, multi-functional projects
• Performs feasibility studies, translating requirements into an appropriate design
• Identifies conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions
• Identifies causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multi-functional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business
• Provides responsibility and oversight other team members to ensure on-time product delivery
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree BA/BS Degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Business or equivalent work experience
Master's degree Related field or equivalent work experience and technical training
Ten(10) years or more in software development using various technologies, platforms, and programming languages with strong object oriented and relational mindset.
Five (5) years or more with Salesforce, hands-on experience writing Apex, Visualforce and the Lightning Component Framework.
Five (5) years or more with Microsoft SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS/ETL), and Saleforce Data Loading Techniques.
Five (5) years or more Experience in the industry or in a production/service environment similar to that of the employer
Skills and Abilities
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Able to express complex technical concepts in business teams
Ability to analyze and solve problems.
Strong conceptual skills
Possesses strong technical aptitude
Operating as part of a team organizing, planning and executing large scale projects or assignments from vision to implementation
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Ability to work on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
Effective interpersonal skills
Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Possesses thorough knowledge of state of the art programming language as well as object oriented approaches in program design, coding, testing and debugging
Understands & always applies current application development methodology, attributes & processes/design and distributed architecture frameworks
Understands integration points and interfaces and ensures that next generation technology allows for seamless integration
Broad conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in Microsoft technologies, OOP Design and PC computing environment
Strong technical knowledge with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architecture and environment such as client/server and/or mainframe/internet. Knowledge of relevant technology, tools and middleware is critical
Knowledge and application of project management techniques
In depth knowledge of REST/SOAP APIs and experience building integrations with Salesforce.com
Proficiency with Apex, Visualforce and the Lightning Component Framework
Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Automation (Eloqua)
Experience with Saleforce Data Loading Techniques (Informatica)
Proficiency with Agile Methodology /VSTS /DevOps
Has familiarity in Full Stack Salesforce development using the following Technologies
Microsoft .NET Framework and Core 3.x and above
ASP.Net / C#.Net
Web Services/RESTFUL API /Microservices/ SOA
Job Category: Application Development, Delivery & Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R28008
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.