Ryder System Office Manager - Purchasing & Payroll Experience Preferred in Aberdeen, Maryland
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you dedicated to delivering exceptional service? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, creative environment? Are you interested in joining a growing team that takes pride in constructing a high-performing culture that empowers employees to work cohesively and reach their fullest potential? Then you may be the perfect fit for Ryder.
Primarily responsible for maintaining office organization / management, purchasing, and providing administrative assistance to managers across multiple locations.
· Coordinates all purchasing related activities for Ryder and our client.
· Maintains close relationships with suppliers and take proactive approach in interfacing with them to resolve all issues.
· Manages the day to day relationship with suppliers and vendors to maintain positive and professional relationships.
· Creates and updates purchase orders and other documentation as required to ensure data integrity.
· Addresses vendor issues and ensures effective, long-term solutions.
· Provides professional customer service to clients via phone and email.
· Provides support which includes answering phones/returning calls, composing correspondence, creating and maintaining spreadsheets, etc.
· Generates and maintains project schedules in Excel to provide an effective process for tracking in order to ensure each project timeline is met.
· Performs other related duties as directed.
· Payroll management supporting 3 facilities and approximately 250 employees
Strictly ensuring attendance is managed
Payroll is submitted
Employees are accurately inputting time
· Recruiting responsibilities includes sourcing for hourly warehouse associates and partnering with staffing agencies as needed.
Buysmart & SAP experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Positive attitude.
· Ability to multitask and prepare and process large amounts of administrative and customer request items while being detail oriented.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
· Exceptional organization and tracking skills.
· Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
· Ability to proficiently utilize computer programs and database systems, including Microsoft Office, internet and e-mail systems.
· Ability to interact and work positively and effectively with vendors, clients and staff at all levels.
· Advanced communication skills both verbal and written.
· Superior customer service skills and phone etiquette.
· Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within the department as well as with other departments.
· Must be a team player, detail oriented, dedicated and flexible.
Credit & Collections
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.