Ryder System Rental Management Trainee in GAINESVILLE, Georgia
START ON A CAREER PATH WITH A FUTURE
At Ryder , our most important competitive advantage is our people .Asa management trainee, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed, and empowered to develop your career.
If you’re motivated, enjoy working closely with customers, and love a challenge this could be the best move you’ll make for your career. If you liked team sports in college you will be a good fit for our 18 month trainee program. The Rental Management Trainee is an 18 to 24-month program that gives you proven knowledge, skills and resources to develop your expertise and deliver best in class transportation solutions to our commercial customers.
After program completion, a successful trainee grad can choose to pursue a number of career paths including, sales professional, location management, and beyond.Many of our senior leaders started their career journeys in this role. So if your goal is to go all the way to the top, this may just be the start of something great! The more you put into the program, the more you’ll get out of it. , based on performance. Starting pay for a trainee is $40-$50K base salary plus incentives.
This position is available in multiple locations across the country. Relocation assistance may be offered to those candidates who are relocating for the position. Reviewfor a listing of all available locations .
This Rental Management Trainee will be responsible for acting as the front line sales agent for the rental of vehicles to the Company's current lease and commercial rental accounts as well as potential commercial rental customers and consumer household needs. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations and Asset Management while utilizing excellent customer communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or similar related degree
Five (5) years or more of experience in customer service and issue resolution
Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment; high energy, self-motivated, self directed, and able to focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
Work independently and as a member of a team
Detail-oriented with strong follow-up practices; a high degree of common sense and the aptitude to learn quickly
Ability to relocate in the region/US at the conclusion of the training program
Computer literacy (intermediate level)
• Handle the sales and process for inbound calls, as well as outbound solicitation
• Maintain current and accurate data within the company's marketing database
• Generate rental, lease and used vehicle sales leads
• Manage all rental asset processes to include Vehicle Pm and cleanliness standards
• Meet overall Ryder market share by successfully executing the sales and marketing initiatives
• Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies
• Reconcile all customer concerns, issues and disputes in order to maintain the ongoing relationships and grow the current customer base
• On a voluntary basis, as well as based on scheduling, the Rental Management Trainee will be required to perform the role of On-Call Representative based on work schedules as determined by Supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID 2017-39503
Job Locations US-GA-GAINESVILLE
Posted Date 4/11/2017
Category Sales & Marketing
Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4)
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 0398