Ryder System Rental Sales Rep in DAYTON, Ohio
The Rental Sales Rep is responsible for acting as the front line sales agent for the rental of vehicles to the Company's current lease and commercial rental accounts, as well as potential commercial rental customers and consumer household needs. This requires the Rental Representative to work cross functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations and Asset Management departments, while utilizing excellent customer communication skills.
Plus you’ll have access to a variety of fantastic benefits including:
Educational benefits: if you’re thinking about continuing your education, we can help with tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities.
Training: for the job you’re in today and the one you want to be in the future.
401(k) plan: since it’s never too soon to start planning for your retirement, Ryder contributes to your 401(k),even if you don’t. And, if you do contribute, we’ll match a portion of that amount too.
Employee Stock Purchase Program: share in our success by buying stock at a discounted rate.
Save money on personal purchases: you’ll have access to a variety of discount programs including cars, cell phone services, appliances, and more.
High school diploma or GED
One (1) year or more of sales experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to get both verbal and written communication across that has the desired effect
Goal oriented, drive for results, assertiveness, and ability to deal well with ambiguity
High degree of initiative; must have high level of energy, be a self-motivated and self-directed
Manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
Focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated customer service skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment (intermediate level)
Sales and marketing:
• Handle sales and sales process for inbound calls as well as outbound solicitation
• Responsible for executing the business unit's marketing plan
• Maintain current accurate data within the company's marketing database
• Maximize rate opportunities within the market place
• Responsible for generating rental, lease and used vehicle sales leads
• Maintain and expand relationships with existing customer base
• Maximize operational effectiveness by coordinating overall inventory levels to meet customer demand
• Meet overall Ryder market share by successfully executing the sales and marketing initiatives
Operations & Asset Management:
• Responsible for the overall profitably, operations and asset management of a rental location
• Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
• Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies
• Complete understanding of marketplace conditions in order to maximize utilization of the rental fleet
• Drive profitable revenue growth by maintaining and growing customer relationships
• Responsible for overall satisfaction for all internal and external customers
• Reconcile all customer concerns, issues, and disputes in order to maintain the ongoing relationship
• Build constructive and effective relationships with both internal and external customers
• Maintain composure when addressing stressful situations
• Clearly articulate Ryder's product and service offerings
• On a voluntary basis, as well as based on scheduling, the Rental Sales Representative will be required to perform the role of On-Call Representative based on work schedules as determined by Supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID 2017-39006
Job Locations US - OH - DAYTON
Posted Date 3/20/2017
Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4)
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 7068